Tuesday, June 5, 2012

33 weeks Pregnant

I totally am bad about skipping weeks, but I added extra pictures to make up for last week. Just pretend two are for 32 weeks.

That oh so nice pregnancy stage is disappearing quickly! Seven weeks left and I am starting to hope for an early labor. What exactly happened to my, "I could be pregnant forever" stage? Well a rash happened! A couple of weeks ago my stomach began itching like crazy! I thought for sure my skin was about to burst into a million stretch marks, so I started applying lotion and baby oil. Things got worse! I broke out in a bumpy, itchy rash that felt like my stomach was on fire. I stopped applying anything on my belly. Still itchy. Wearing clothes made it worse, so I lifted up my shirt, sagged my pants and began walking around the house with my belly hanging out for a week. It helped and the rash has almost disappeared, but I still itch!

My acid reflux has also returned with vengeance! In order to tone it down I refuse to eat past seven and drink 3-5 glasses of water before bed. This works miracles and completely gets rid of the acid. The down side, lots of nightly trips to the bathroom, but I will take that over having my head in the toilet puking up straight acid.

And last but not least, the waddle has begun! Every time I walk too much I begin waddling and soon I'm holding my back, rubbing my belly and breathing heavily. It is not a pretty sight and I find myself shouting at poor Scott, "Stop looking at me weird! I'm practically eight months pregnant, leave me alone!". I feel like I have to constantly remind him that I am pregnant and deserve some pampering and the right to breath hard.

Alright, so these symptoms aren't too awful and I can't complain much, but they do all shout that I'm in my final weeks. I'm getting uncomfortable, huge, and cranky, what more can I say?

Today I got to meet my newest doctor. He is number four and is by far my favorite, only problem is I cannot pronounce his name, Doctor Hermashati. When making my appointment I literally had no choice of doctor at all. All the other doctors were booked for at least two months and so they gave me the "new guy". Thank heavens! He is full of energy and listened to every word I said. My nurse is also amazing and they are so friendly and fun to talk to that it makes me excited to go back in two weeks. As for my appointment, it went well, I get to use the valet parking which means I only have to walk to two different elevators to get to my office. As for the health of baby and I, my uterus is measuring spot on, baby's heartbeat is strong, and I passed the diabetic test. The only thing is my red blood cell count was low, so I am Anemic. It is really common, but if not treated can be life threatening at birth if I lose too much blood. Basically I get to take iron pills that constipate me, something I look forward to. No seriously constipation is one of my biggest fears, I may or may not share why later (insert winky face). Basically anemia is caused from the increase in blood flow for the baby but not enough red blood cells to fill it. Baby is eating it all up (bless his heart) and leaving me weak, tired, cranky and pale. Alright, I am just cranky, weak from lack of exercise, and I have always looked like an Albino, but for now I'm blaming pregnancy. It is also caused because I got pregnant directly after a miscarriage and my body didn't have time to fully repair itself. It didn't effect me until third trimester though, which is good.

Everything else is great. I have gained 25 pounds and was asked by a stranger if I was pregnant. It made me so happy I almost hugged her.

As for the little guy, he is doing great. He loves to hang out on my left side and it makes for an odd shapped belly, but I love it and will never complain about his painful kicks and shoves. He moves all the time, way more than Lincoln did and I wonder if this is a small glimpse at his sleeping schedule. Let's hope not!

Here is my big belly!




No comments:

Post a Comment