Tuesday, March 20, 2012

22 Weeks Pregnant

I have the hardest time taking pictures on the day of. I just don’t have the time! Tonight while making dinner, Scott snapped a quick picture while I cooked. Speaking of dinner, I have become OBSESSED with cooking. Anyone that knows me, knows that I HATE cooking. I always have and I was determined to always hate it, but something happened and I believe that “something” is pregnancy. I enjoy cooking and trying different recipes now, weird. I don’t think we have eaten the same thing twice in the past two months. Good, yummy, homemade food is what I crave and now that we are 12 hours away from my mom who cooked us the yummiest Sunday dinners, I now get my fix every day cooking myself. Yet it is more than just good food, I want to be healthy for my baby and oh my gosh did I find the BEST website for healthy recipes in the entire WORLD!

skinnytaste.com

Holy crap! I LOVE her recipes and I LOVE how healthy and tasty they are! For the past two months I have been a cooking machine and now the thought of making anything from a box makes me want to gag. Why would I ever put that nasty stuff into my body or my child's? Can you say hydrogenated oils? They are in most packaged foods and it is basically like eating plastic. Scott thinks I am insane, but I take it as a compliment. I thought it would be hard to stop eating hydrogenated oils, but as long as you make everything from scratch and don’t use nasty margarine, oils or shortening you don’t even realize you are avoiding it. Of course eating healthy doesn’t stop me from cooking LOTS of sweets and treats.

I made these yummy sour cream sugar cookies with cream cheese frosting. Mmmmmmmm!

 IMG_8480 IMG_8482

They were gone in three days, whoops!

Besides cooking, I went through Lincoln’s baby clothes to decide what I needed to buy and sort out the clothes that were worn, stained or out of style. While I was going through the clothes, Lincoln would get so excited and say, “This was my FAVORITE baby shirt!” or “These were my Favorite baby boops(boots)”. It made me laugh pretty hard.

The other day I was laying on my back and scratching my belly(sounds gross but my skin is so itchy!) and my belly was sticking out, Lincoln came over and said, “WHAT is in THERE mom?”. He doesn’t quite understand what is going on yet.

But what is going on is pretty exciting! Baby is 11 inches long and about a pound. He looks like a baby with his perfect lips, eyes and eyebrows. He even has lanugo, fine hair, covering his body.

He is the size of a spaghetti squash:

IMG_8500

I have been feeling really good this week! Nothing too exciting and no changes. My total weight gain is 14lbs and I can tell my belly is about to pop right out there any day. It feels so tight! The “fat” stage should be over with in no time, I can’t wait! I need to go buy my some pregnant clothes because these ones won’t last much longer. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. You are never in a "fat stage". You can't tell you are pregnant and then all of a sudden have a cute bump.
    I'm the opposite of you with cooking, I love to cook but pregnancy has made me be really lazy in finding new recipes. I'm excited to get back to cooking again. I'll have to try out that website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for sharing. all your pics are cure.special the photo which is above the comments, i like it very much, post more pics like this Pregnancy Week by Week

    ReplyDelete