Sunday, May 20, 2012

31Weeks Pregnant

I made it to the single digits! Yep, only nine weeks left and that means it is time to get ready for baby.

This week I set up his room. We got his crib built and his bedding washed, ironed and made and curtains hung. The swing is built, the bouncer in the corner and the carseat scrubbed down and washed. I painted over some scratches and dents in his crib and scrubbed every last inch of everything. I want it to be new for him. Then I prepared his baby stuff and set up a list of things I need to buy each week over the next couple of months. Not a lot to buy, but we do need a few things, like diapers, wipes, hangers, socks and pajamas. Just small things but nothing I am going to want to run out to the store and buy when we get home from the hospital.

It was really good for me, well us, to set up his room and buy baby stuff. I have been excited but now I am REALLY excited. I get that butterfly feeling in my belly and have thought plenty about labor. I constantly have braxton hicks! My stomach hardens up into a ball and cramps, but nothing abnormal and it just feels like a menstrual cramp. I had braxton hicks all the time with Lincoln, but every time my belly tightens, I wonder if I will go into pre-term labor. My belly has been developing a faint line down it for awhile but it is really clear now. I got it with Lincoln too. Both my sisters didn't get it and most girls I know don't. The nice thing about it is after the baby is born the line gives this optical illusion like I have a six pack, haha, I am totally kidding. Eventually it fades. Also my belly button is starting to go all outty on me, well half of it is and the other half is really deep. All sorts of funny.

Lincoln still asks every day if baby can come out and play and loved setting up his room with me.
I haven't been exercising at all, but we have started swimming in our pool and almost every night we relax in the hot tub. These past few weeks has been really relaxing to me and I have been soaking up every moment. With Lincoln I was completely worried about something being wrong or him coming too early, facial defects, deformities, you name it. I would literally sit on the computer and Google every possible thing that could go wrong during labor or what horrible disabilites my baby could have. I would cry, stress and have anxiety over it. Every time Lincoln wasn't kicking I would be in tears. I am not sure what the difference is this time but I have felt completely at peace. It might be that I miscarried two babies and know that there is simply nothing I can do to stop bad things from happening. Whatever God decides to do, he will do, and I have just left it in his hands. There is no sense in worrying myself sick over every "if", and "if" something does happen I will deal with it then.

I am also SO excited to see my mom and dad! They will be here on the 24th of July to help. Scott and I were talking about how it seems more real that my parents are coming than that a baby is coming. I have to remind myself that they are coming to see my baby and not me because I keep wanting to plan activities to do with them. Then I remember the only activity I will be wanting to do is sleep.

I scheduled a doctors appointment for next week. I guess we will see if I even like this doctor, but I will only see him possibly four times before I deliver, so I sadly don't care too much. I will deliver in the same building my appointments are in, so yet again a huge building.

Overall, I'm doing great and baby is growing fast! Over these next weeks he will be growing half a pound a week and is already four pounds! Four pounds! I swear he has got to be more like twenty pounds because that's what it feels like. Not too much room in there.

Here is the belly! As a side note, this skirt is the only one I will be wearing to church anymore. Last week to fit in a dress I had to have Scott zip it up. He was laughing so hard because there literally was four inches between the zippers by my shoulders. I ended up wearing a jacket over it in case the entire back ripped out. I have three pairs of pants that fit and I usually walk around with the zipper undone anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment